Copper advantages and disadvantages: (1) Low resistivit […]
Copper advantages and disadvantages:
(1) Low resistivity: The resistivity of the aluminum wire cable is about 1.68 times higher than that of the copper wire cable.
(2) Good ductility: The elongation rate of copper alloy is 20~40%, and the extension rate of copper for electrical use is more than 30%, while that of aluminum alloy is only 18%.
(3) High strength: Permissible stress at room temperature, copper is 7~28% higher than aluminum. Especially the stress at high temperature, the difference between the two is even far.
(4) Anti-fatigue: Aluminum repeatedly bends and breaks, and copper is not easy. In terms of elasticity, copper is about 1.7 to 1.8 times higher than aluminum.
(5) Good stability, corrosion resistance: Copper wire is resistant to oxidation and corrosion, while aluminum wire is susceptible to oxidation and corrosion.
(6) Large current-carrying capacity: Due to its low resistivity, the copper wire cable of the same section is 30%-50% higher than the allowable ampacity (maximum current that can be passed) of the aluminum wire cable, and more and more home appliances , Home improvement basic copper wire.
(7) Low voltage loss: Since the resistivity of the copper cable is low, the same current flows in the same section. The voltage drop of the copper cable is small. Therefore, the same transmission distance can guarantee a higher voltage quality; or, under the allowable voltage drop conditions, the copper cable transmission power can reach a relatively long distance, ie, the power supply coverage area is large, which is conducive to network planning, reducing The number of supply points is set.
(8) Low calorific value: Under the same current, the copper wire cable of the same cross-section has a much smaller calorific value than the aluminum wire cable, making the operation safer.
(9) Low electrical loss: Since the resistivity of copper is low, the power loss of the copper cable is lower than that of the aluminum cable. This is obvious. This will help improve the efficiency of power generation and protect the environment.
(10) Anti-oxidation, anti-corrosion: The performance of the connector of the copper cable is stable, and no accident occurs due to oxidation. The joints of the aluminum wire cable are often unstable, and the contact resistance increases due to oxidation, resulting in heat generation and accidents. Therefore, the accident rate is much greater than copper cable. Especially in places where some copper wires and aluminum wires are docked, there is a problem if they are not connected for a long time. Therefore, the connection of copper wire and aluminum wire must be strictly connected.
1 The copper wire has good flexibility, and the allowable radius of curvature is small, so the turning is convenient and the tube is easy to wear;
2 The copper wire is resistant to fatigue and difficult to break due to repeated bending, so the wiring is convenient;
3 The copper wire has high mechanical strength and can withstand large mechanical pulling force, which brings great convenience for construction and laying, and also creates conditions for mechanized construction.
Disadvantages of copper:
The high price of copper wire and the significant ratio of copper wire determine the high cost of copper wire. As a cable with a lot of performance advantages, that is, high cost! So we usually do not use copper wire overhead line, it is good is too heavy, so the overhead line is often used more aluminum, ground wire is usually used.